Click here for a list of our drop off locations!
Click here to Sign up your Business/Organization to help!
During September, Comfort Keepers® of San Angelo asks that the community make food donations to the STOP Senior Hunger food drive to help local seniors served by Meals For The Elderly, a local charity working to end senior hunger in the Concho Valley. This month is designated Hunger Action Month and Comfort Keepers will take this opportunity to raise awareness for the growing epidemic of hunger that impacts millions of older Americans trying to remain healthy and independent.
Comfort Keepers is partnering with Meals for the Elderly to collect specific food items for their weekend meal bag and emergency box programs.
How can your business, church or organization help?
1. Conduct a food drive for specific items and deliver to Meals for the Elderly.
2. Donate food items outside Albertson’s on Saturday, September 15th.
3. “Adopt” 2 weekend meal bags or 1 emergency meal box for $15 each. (Make checks payable to Meals for the Elderly or DONATE online and comment in box "To STOP Senior Hunger")
4. Print and distribute copies of senior nutrition handouts for your own employees/members.
5. Include a Stop Senior Hunger flier, article, webpage, or information in your upcoming newsletters, mailouts, email campaigns etc.
For more information on the local STOP Senior Hunger campaign, please contact your local Comfort Keepers office at 325-949-0700.
About Comfort Keepers®
Comfort Keepers® is a leading franchise network in the in-home care market for senior and other adults needing care. Since its founding in 1998, the company has grown to more than 600 franchised locations around the world by staying true to the founders' goal of providing in-home care services that allow clients the opportunity to age in place. In August of 2009, the brand was strengthened even further by the purchase of the franchisor, CK Franchising, Inc., by Sodexo, one of the world's leading food and facilities management services companies and the global leader in the health care and seniors markets. For more information, visit www.comfortkeepers.com.