Meals For The Elderly exists to serve a hot, noon meal every weekday to the homebound elderly in the Concho Valley who need it.
In addition to the meal service, we also provide:
- Warm, friendly personal contact with volunteers who are genuinely concerned about the recipients' well-being
- Sack lunches every Friday, with snacks and food to help during the weekend
- Frozen meals for those who rely solely on our meals for sustenance, as well as frozen meals for the few times a year when the office is closed for a holiday
- Birthday gifts to each recipient receiving meals from us every year on their birthday
- Pet food for companion pets of our recipients
- Just-in-case boxes, given to every recipient as they are put on the program and once a year to all recipients
- These boxes contain two days worth of shelf-stable food, to be saved in case Meals For The Elderly is ever unable to deliver because of inclement weather conditions
- The boxes also contain other emergency items, such as a flashlight, disinfectant wipes, bandaids, toothpaste, etc.